ThatHunterRockerGuyThatHunterRockerGuy

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats

BM - Hollywise BM - Hollywise

Great

I agree, the slol did go a bit messed, but its not that bad in all fairness. I think you should redo the solo to really show off though. Lots of partial chords following the chord structure would work well, i think :)

Mt. Erebus Mt. Erebus

Great song

But i have one question. Just for my common curiosity, is the instrument that comes in with at about :15 a theremin? If not, what is it, cause id like to use it in my own composing
Great song, very relaxed, i like it :)
10/10

favre4wade3 responds:

you're not the first person to think that but it is actually a dance piccolo in the nexus vst. thanks for the review.

Luck So Lame Luck So Lame

Great

But I have a few suggestions...
Have you thought of a drum fill after the bridge, maybe the four bass drum beats, then some massive crazy drum thing? Im no expert on drums, so discard that if you want.
But maybe a proper heavy guitar solo is needed here near the end (after the drum fill after the bridge?) to really show off. Then it can continue like the first solo. If you really want to do this, heavy distortion, low bass, middle middle and high treble, and use the minor pentatonic scale with a few partial chords mixed in. Find a couple of nice sounding riffs, and repeat them over and over in the verse :)
Other than those little things, I can find no fault with this song. I think maybe the vocals are a little off at some places, but that is expected with Brit pop, i think.
Great work!